It can be HARD getting extra veggies in our family. But we know it’s important because research shows that vegetables contribute to better health, including boosting our immune system. That’s why, whenever possible I like to get sneaky. This amazing sauce, can be served over noodles, chicken, fish or as a dip. Totally better than any spaghetti sauce I have ever had and with just a few extra steps this can be a 30 minute meal. Dinner in a jiffy!
Better than Spaghetti Sauce
- blender or food processor
- 3 red bell peppers
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Plus more for cooking bell peppers
- 1 tbsp minced garlic Optional* use pre-minced garlic from jar
- 2 tbsp tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Rinse and pat dry bell peppers and cut into large slices
- Turn oven on to broil
- Add bell peppers to skillet or cast iron, drizzle with oil, and generously S&P
- Broil on high for 10 minutes, keep an eye on them. They need to be cooked and tender but not completely burnt. There will be black charred pieces.
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool for a moment.
- Toss the other ingredients into food processor or blender and add bell peppers once they have cooled slightly.
- Blend everything together until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Served over your favorite pasta, zoodles, chicken, fish or as a dip.
Live well friends,
This link is an Amazon affiliate link. What this means is that by buying through this link or others like it on my site, Amazon gives me a little bit of money at no extra cost to you. It’s one little way you can help me keep Messy Adventure up and running! I only endorse products I love and buy myself. Thank you friend.