If you don’t love an easy pasta recipe, then we cannot be friends, but I know you do, so we are fine! This gem comes together in a snap and is a go to staple in our home. This is great as a plant based lunch that can be packed in a thermos or as a hearty side. It is lightly coated with a sweet and nutty sauce that’s less mess for kids and appropriate toddler finger food for the newbie eaters. Yet, still sophisticated enough for hungry grown ups. You will be happy to add Easy Peasy Tahini Pasta to your rotation.
Easy Peasy Tahini
- big pot
- tablespoon and small mixing bowl for sauce
3 ingredient sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini (or all natural peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp oive oil (extra virgin)
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos (Braggs Live Food Products)
- 1 10 oz shell or spiral pasta (gluten free optional)
- 1 16 oz mixed veggies (best for kids is the pea & carrot medley)
- 1 tbs salt (pink or sea salt)
- Bring large pot of water to boil and add salt.
- Get out your ingredients together and put a colander in the sink.
- Add noodles to boiling water and set timer for half of the suggested time. *Gluten free noodles are easily over cooked.
- Mix tahini, olive oil, coconut aminos together and whisk well. If kids are helping let them have a taste test.
- Check noodles, when tender, add veggie mix into boiling water.
- Immediately dump pasta mix and water into the colander. Toss to get excess water out and drizzle with olive oil.
- Move from colander back to pot or large serving bowl. Whisk sauce once more and pour over warm pasta. Stir and serve warm.
Keep these ingredients on hand as a meal that you can rely on in a hurry. Also, this a good one to get kids helping in the kitchen. If they make it, they are more likely to eat it.
Live well friends,