This is a serious meal. I wouldn’t play with your emotions about something so important. Sure there is a little prep work but hand to heart, they make a ton of delicious meatballs.
Meal in a meatball
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 2 sheet pans
- blender or food processor
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 measuring cup
- Cookie scoop *optional
- 2 lbs ground turkey 2 packs
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large sweet potato cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp smoked paprika different than traditional paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- oil of choice to lightly grease pans
- Cook sweet potato in advance. I often use a leftover one from a previous meal or toss in oven the night before.
- For sweet potato set oven to 425. Wash off throughly. Coat potato in avocado oil and some salt. Bake for 45 minutes or until super soft.
- For meatballs: set out ingredients, appliances and preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease 2 sheet pans.
- Peel zucchini (not necessary but hides any green specks if you think that would turn picky eaters off.
- Cut zucchini into big chunks and blend in food processor.
- Add a 2-3 pinches of salt to zucchini and blend again.
- Peel skin completely off of the prepared sweet potato and add to blender.
- Blend both together until well incorporated (this alone makes great baby food).
- Move to your large bowl, add eggs and whisk them.
- Add turkey, spices and oats to the bowl and mix well.
- Add veggie mixture to the bowl and mix until ingredients are well incorporated. Hands work best here.
- I use a cookie scooper to make meatballs uniform but can just use your hands.
- Makes about 2 pans full of meatballs but total depends on the size.
- If you cook both pans at once make sure to swap bottom rack to top rack and vice versa half way through the cooking process.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce, we like Dijon mustard.
FYI: These links are Amazon affiliate links. What this means is that by buying through these links, Amazon gives me a little bit of money at no extra cost to you. It’s one little way you can help me keep Messy Adventure up and running! I only endorse products I love and buy myself. Thank you friend.
Live well friends,