Real food, real good! This is the catalyst recipe that got me creating and sharing food with others. It’s not only a staple in our home but in many of my friends. It’s my go to meal to bring to others when they have had a baby or a bad week. Now I am bringing it to all my internet friends too!
Na-cho Mommas Tacos
- Slow-cooker or Instapot
- 1/2 onion chopped can omit and sub for 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 lb grass fed beef, or ground turkey beef will need the extra step of draining
- 2 tsp pink or sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powders
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 large chopped green bell pepper or 2 small
- 2 cups cooked or canned black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup quinoa white or tri colored variety
- 1 cup diced/chopped tomatoes with juice no added salt
- 1 cup favorite salsa Jacks Special Salsa
- 2 tbsp Avocado or olive oil for browning meat
- Either in a separate pan or in your crockpot/instapot (if it has a browning function) cook chopped onion in about 2 tbsp of oil until translucent.
- Add and brown meat. More flavor with the beef but will need to be drained.
- Add 1 tsp of salt, cumin, chili powder and paprika and 1/2 tsp garlic to meat as it cooks.
- Rinse and chop bell pepper as meat browns.
- Drain if using beef and add back to the slow cooker.
- Rinse off quinoa (if directions on package call for it)
- Add bell pepper, quinoa, corn, beans, tomatoes, salsa, and remaining spices to slow cooker.
- Stir ingredients until well incorporated.
- Add 1 cup of water. Ingredients should be covered by water but not overly swimming in the liquid, more or less.
- Set slow cooker for 2 & half hours on high. You CANNOT cook this on low for longer and yield the same results.
- Make sure to remove the lid almost immediately within the allotted time so the quinoa doesn't over cook and stir.
- Add desired toppings, the only must is a squeeze of fresh lime and serve with your favorite sturdy chips for dipping. We love Late July.
Get in my belly!!!
Live well friends,
This link is an Amazon affiliate link. What this means is that by buying through this link or others like it on my site, Amazon gives me a little bit of money at no extra cost to you. It’s one little way you can help me keep Messy Adventure up and running! I only endorse products I love and buy myself. Thank you friend.