These two methods are by far my favorite ways of serving up this lean cut of meat. Oven roasted or slow cooker style, this Pork Tenderloin is so easy to cook and serve. Both make a great addition to any meal, any time.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin usually 2 medium links of pork
- 2 tsp coconut or brown sugar
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pink or sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 3-4 tbsp avocado oil coconut or olive oil
- 4-6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Grease baking dish with 1 tbsp of oil
- Trim pork of any significant fat pieces. Kitchen shears work well.
- Rub 1 tsp of cumin and sugar on each piece of pork. Add salt and pepper.
- Rub around 1 tbsp of oil on each cut of pork. A basting brush works well but so do your hands.
- The pork can then go back in the fridge for up to over night or can go straight in the oven to cook.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove pork from oven and use basting brush or drizzle 2-4 tablespoons of balsamic over the top. Return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and baste with juices in the pan, and set back for additional 15 min.
- Make sure to set timers each time, easy to over cook. If you like a pink center cut time by 5 minutes.
- Allow meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Salsa Ver-delicious Shredded Pork
- Slow cooker
- 2 lbs Pork Tenderloin
- 1 12 oz Jar salsa verde
- Trim pork tenderloin of any significant fat pieces. Kitchen shears work well but so does a sharp knife.
- Use about 1/4 of the jar of salsa for the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add pork and pour almost all of the salsa on top. Reserve about 1/4 in the jar.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Shred pork and add remaining salsa.
- Serve in tacos with desired toppings or over a salad.
Live well friends,