A great Sunday night dinner that makes good leftovers for your busy Monday too!
￼Slow Cooker Balsamic Pot Roast & Veggies
- Slow cooker
- 1.5 lbs stew meat
- 1 lb carrots regular or rainbow
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1 pack celery
- 4 cups filtered water
- 3 cloves minced garlic or 1 tbs
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs salt pink or sea salt
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder for browning meat
- Plus salt & pepper for browning meat
- Pull out all of your ingredients.
- Wash and chop veggies into big chunks.
- *You do not need to peel the carrots.
- Add chopped veggies to crockpot in order of carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Save the celery ends and add to the crockpot, this adds flavor to the broth.
- Add 4 cups of filtered water and minced garlic to veggies.
- Brown stew meat on stove top (in cast iron if you have one) with extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add meat and juices from cooking to the slow cooker.
- Add 1tbs salt, balsamic vinegar and bay leaves.
- Set to low and cook for 6 hours.
- Serve in large bowl or pull out separately.
- Top with coarse sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
This is a “veggie forward” meal. Meaning the veggies are the main course and the meat is more of a side. This is how I approach a lot of our meals that include meat. I like to make veggies the star! You can of course adjust to meet your family’s needs. If using a larger cut of meat, make sure to adjust time to insure it’s cooked through.
Live well friends,