Summer veggies get me so excited I could scream! Summer makes everything taste better, and when you have fresh seasonal food, you really don’t need much else for flavor. Most grocery store chains carry local produce in the summer months. But if there was ever a time to check out your farmers market, it is summer time!
- 2 cups cooked black beans or 1 can of rinsed black beans
- 3-4 ears fresh corn, shucked rinse well
- 1-2 english cucumber or 4-5 small pickling cucumbers
- 2 tomatoes diced or use carton tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 juice of lime
- 1/4 tsp pink salt and cracked black pepper more to taste
- drizzle honey optional
- Wash vegetables.
- Chop and prep vegetables.
- Rinse either cooked or canned black beans before adding into the salad.
- Cut out some of the juice and seeds if using large garden tomatoes.
- Toss everything together in a large bowl.
- Squeeze half a lime.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and a dash of pepper.
- Toss ingredients, squeeze the remaining half of the lime, toss again.
- Taste test and add any additional salt/pepper as needed.
- Store in fridge, and toss once more before serving.
- Served with lime wedge and a drizzle of honey if desired.